SOMETHING TO SHARE...


Monday, January 3, 2011

You Heavenly Father Knows!

When we attended Northside Baptist Church in Roswell many years ago, our Pastor, Billy Wallace, had an evangelist come a few times named Lavon Boatner.He was, I believe, from Kentucky, wearing cowboy boots and a bolo tie and he could preach. He would read his passage from the blessed Book and then say these words, words that I have never heard any other man of God say- "I'm interested in this phrase" and that would launch his sermon in that Southern drawl and we, the listeners, would go home blessed and challenged.  I thought of Bro. Boatner who may now be with the Lord- God knoweth- this morning as I was reading the Sermon on the Mount. I love to imagine sitting on that mountain as the Master Teacher expounded on kingdom principles. In chapter six, "I became interested" in the phrase repeated twice by our Lord and thus, the thought for this blog.

In verses 8 and 32, our Savior and Lord reminds those gathered on the hillside and to us also, He reassures us- "Your Heavenly Father knows." He knows, according to Psalm 103:13-14, our frames.  "Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear Him. For He knowest our frame; He remembereth that we are dust."   Listen, dear Brother and Sister, according to Ps. 139, He not only knows our frame but He designed that frame intricately in our mother's wombs. Knowing that He knows me, my make-up, my inner design that makes me tick, brings me comfort.  I believe that there are some basic human needs and along with peace, I think and know for myself that the need to be understood is one of them. Experts in psychology tell us that the melancholic temperament especially needs for people to understand them. (It's why we repeat ourselves if we think you didn't get it. SORRY-  I am working on that weakness.  :)  )  Knowing that my Heavenly Father and He alone understands my frame completely and perfectly draws me to His throne. I am comforted to know that I don't have to try to explain. In the Book of Romans, we are told that the Spirit intercedes for us when words fail us. Some times, just tears flow down my face and my Heavenly Father knows!

Our Heavenly Father also knows our fears and knowing He is aware of mine dissipates my confusions. In this Matt. 6 passage, He says these words that we fail to grasp when the storms rise. "Your Father knows what you need before you ask Him." And "Your Heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things."  We hear Job, the man who seemingly lost it all, say that the thing he feared had come upon him. I ask you, dear reader, what is your greatest fear? I know what mine are but more importantly, God knows what makes my heart tremble and Hallelujah, He is the Calmer of my soul! Remember when the disciples awoke Him and asked "Master, don't you care that we perish?"  Yes, Yes, Yes, a million times yes, He cares about what concerns you. And you, like them, are not perishing because the Master of the troubled seas is onboard!

Maybe one reads today and says "But, Deborah, this that I feared is coming to pass. The sickness is no longer controlled, We are going down financially........"   We cannot lose the fight when He has anchored our souls in the haven of rest. The body may succumb, in fact, all of ours will due to one thing or another if Jesus doesn't come first, but the spirit is alive and at peace in the presence of the Lord, which is far better, dear Child.  He also told them in this passage that He takes care of the birds and the flowers of the field. If we, as fallible earthly parents know what our children need, do we not know that our Perfect Heavenly Father will provide. Jehovah-jireh!

Finally, our Heavenly Father knows our future and that brings much confidence to one who has no clue what the next five minutes may hold. If any one lesson encouraged me in my walk during 2010, it is the one concerning God's sovereignty. If any good has come from a failing body, it is that I awake on any given day to extreme fatigue but I also awake to a God Who is abundantly strong on every given day.  Jesus told Simon Peter in John 21 the manner of his death. Our times are in His hands- He knows our futures and we can walk confidently with Him, ever learning that our lives are for His glory and He has promised goodness and mercy to pursue us all our days.   Remember, when you were children and the playground argument went something like this- "Well, my Daddy knows everything and He says.....". Now, we knew deep down that our earthly parent was not that smart but let me assure you, Saints, our Heavenly Father knows everything and He says....- get into His Book and soak in what He says.  Listen to a quote from My Utmost For His Highest- " Have you been asking God what He is going to do? He will never tell you. God does not tell you what He is going to do; He reveals to you Who He is." Help me, Lord to be quiet and be interested  in this phrase "My Heavenly Father knows!"  I long to rest in Your hands and leave the driving to You, You Who knows the way and has a plan that is good. Also, that I walk in confidence that You walk every square mile with me. Oh, Lord, my heart longs for that to be enough!

Desiring to rest and trust more.  Deborah

3 comments:

  1. You write beautifully. Thank you for allowing the Lord to use you in this way. This has encouraged me so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very useful info. Hope to see more posts soon!. hborganicskincare.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have sell some products of different custom boxes.it is very useful and very low price please visits this site thanks and please share this post with your friends. รับเช่าพระ

    ReplyDelete