SOMETHING TO SHARE...


Wednesday, January 6, 2010

JESUS LOVE ME, THIS I KNOW!

I have sang and believed this familiar song (some think it is for children and I say "yes, it is for all God's children) since I was a little girl but I don't know if I have ever sensed this astounding truth anymore than I did this past Sunday morning during our Pastor's message.
He is preaching through the Book of Daniel and in chapter 10, this past week, he addressed two facets of God's character, namely His majesty and His love. Daniel, like Ezekiel,(1:26-28), the Apostle John (Rev. 1:17), Isaiah (6:5), and others were rendered speechless when they encountered the preincarnate Christ! I love Daniel's explanation in 10:17 that basically says- "HE took my breath away!!"  The term, awesome, is overused today from a fast car to a Krispy Kreme Donut but actually, only ONE is awe-inspiring and His name is Christ Jesus, my Lord. His majesty, His power, His holiness leave us on our face. He's Almighty GOD!!      We see the powerful today(or who, at least, think they are) and see the effects of that when it is arrogant and abused. Until God used the USA to take down Saddam Hussein, there was a picture of power out of control, living in luxury while his people were hungry and being killed if they disagreed with him. There are others who are ruling in that same pompous attitude today, some even avowing to wipe Israel off the map. Maybe he doesn't realize that that has been the goal of many for a long time but the God of the Bible , the God of Israel, has declared that will never be. In fact, it's a bit amusing to me that world leaders are merely pawns accomplishing His purpose without even knowing  it, and like Hussein and a Biblical ruler, Nebuchadnezzar, one day will acknowledge this-"All the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing; and He doeth according to His will in the army of Heaven and among the inhabitants of the earth; and none can stay His hand or say unto Him, What does Thou?' Dan.4:35  Power, then, we know, is a dreadful thing but our God is all-powerful-Omnipotent is the word. But here is the second aspect preached on Sunday from the same chapter 10- Christ's love for us. Twice in this chapter, and not the first time in the book of Daniel, these words ":Daniel, you are a man greatly loved" are spoken.      Oh, Believer, does that combination of power and love comfort your heart today as it does mine and moved me to tears as I heard Pastor Scott preach it in power and truth. I think, often, we believe His power, His majesty, but fail to believe that He, the Creator of the universe, the Omnipotent God, loves me. We know ourselves all to well and marvel that He loves us. Maybe one reads this today and you feel that no one ever really did but I can assure you, He does!!! Read John 3:16 and put your name in the place of the word "world".    I do this often " For God so loved Deborah that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."  I believe that He loves me even though I don't measure up. I wrestled a long time with trying to do good enough, be good enough, and one day, it dawned on me that I would never measure up to His standard. That's why He came and paid my sin debt because He knew we never would nor could. Now, I try to walk right because He loves me that much but I don't work to get Him to love me. He loves us while we were yet sinners. His love is perfect and nothing we do or don't do today changes that one iota. Eph. 1:6-" To the praise of  the glory of His grace, wherein He hath made us accepted in the Beloved. In Whom we have redemption thru His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace." The words "Amazing grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me" have warmed and blessed my heart for years and still do because He loves me that much.He loves you that much.       Pastor ended his message with a verse from Zephaniah 3:17- "The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; He will save, He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing."                  I am a proud grandparent and if you tire of "MaMa" stories, you probably will log out of my blogs because those two precious ones teach me much and I speak of them often. For nine years, Alicia has heard and requested for Grandanny's song that he made up about her when she was born- it goes like this "I love Alicia, she's my little girl, I love Alicia , she's the best in the world!" For those who know music, I played this out on the piano last night- c  g  g  a  e  f  e  d  g  e c (for the tune) :)  The chorus continues with some pet words that now, at age 91/2, Alicia probably would not want published ( words like "sugar-booger" etc.  SHHHHHH!!)     For Landon, to the tune of the Beverly Hillbillies theme, his is a little more upbeat, appropriately so. "Now, let me tell you a story about Landon boy, huntin' and fishin' we'll enjoy, shoot a big buck and let the doe go, better watch out for me and Lando. Landon, he's my buddy, he's Grandanny's boy."   I have watched those two children lay their heads on that man's broad shoulders and seen calm and delight on their faces.   I have left their nurseries, when they were babies, and wept with joy on my ride home as I still pictured my precious Amy in her rocker, their little faces buried in her neck, and accompanying her with their wee voices, off key, as she sang Blessed Assurance, Jesus is Mine!   Believer, we sing to Him and exalt Him in song and rightfully so, He is worthy of our praise, but how hard is it for you to imagine laying your weary, worried, and often wayward head on His chest and letting Him comfort your troubled  soul with His song?  A footnote in my Bible to Zeph,.3:17 says this "When it comes to His people, the Lord rests His case in love and rejoicing."  He rests in His love for you!  May we, this day, rest in His love for us!!      Looking up, Deborah

4 comments:

  1. hi Deborah, i meet you through face book and your husband Danny. I just wanted to tell you
    that i have been blessed to hear such devotion
    to our Lord Jesus Christ on the internet & i love Your stories about Your granchildren.
    Thank You. and thank Danny for me, for he lead
    me to Your blog.
    My You all be Bledded by our Lord & savior in
    Jesus Christ I pray.
    kathy houseman
    Ace & A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb I enjoyed this so much. Using your Grandbabies just added a real picture to your challenge. Keep it up. This was great and one day you just might be a famous woman that I have loved and love. Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew blogging wouldn't be hard for you. This was so good...Thanks for sharing what God gives you with others. Love you!! Dedene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deborah,
    I went to Roswell Elem and RHS with Danny. So I have known for a long time. I am so glad to reconnect with all my classmates from school.
    I love what you wrote. You too, as I do, love your grandchildren very much. I have 3 granddaughters. Age 4 and two 19 months. They stole my heart as soon as they were born. I had know idea how much you can love those babies.
    I will visit your blog. Thanks for sharing your faith. It strenghtens our love for Him.

    Jan Beddow Carlisle

    ReplyDelete